“Recipes don’t work unless you use your heart!” – Dylan Jones
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center offers culinary arts career training in southwest Oklahoma. Students learn to create gourmet foods, cakes and pastries with artistic presentation. Working alongside skilled culinary arts professionals, students explore careers in the fun and exciting field of food and service.
They also learn to plan, prepare and serve meals for upscale community events and casual dining; and develop entire meals and unique dining experiences in a full-service restaurant.
Culinary Arts Management Assistant
Culinary Arts Assistant
In-District High School Students – TUITION-FREE
In-District Adult Students – $2.50 per credit hour + supplies
Out-of-District Adult Students – $5 per credit hour + supplies
Check out our weekly lunch menu!
Culinary arts training programs are rigorous and requires a number of skills and safety measures. The following are considerations prospective students should keep in mind:
- Reading and writing – 9th-grade level
- Math – 7th-grade level
- Pass safety test
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Endure high noise levels
- Able to handle being in hot kitchen environment
- Can stand for long periods of time
- Capable of physical movement, as well as fine motor movement skills
- Able to work in a team
- Ability to listen and follow directions
- Can work with sharp objects and chemicals
- Must wear closed-toed shoes, no laces
Hair covering (hat/hair net)
- Suggested to wear chef’s jacket and pants