Caddo Kiowa Technology Center is hosting a Bedlam Blood Drive on Wednesday, October 18 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. The blood drive will be located in Building 400 on the CKTC campus. The blood drive is a community event that is open to the public as well as students.
Donors will receive a Bedlam T-shirt with the logo “Win from Within, give blood.” Donors get their choice of either an Oklahoma State University or University of Oklahoma t-shirt.
Donors must provide a photo ID to donate. To schedule an appointment, contact Ilisa Allen at 405-643-3274.
Bedlam Blood Drive
Test Your Blood IQ
- How many blood donations are needed every day to serve area hospitals? (More than 600)
- How much blood is in the body of an average adult? (10 pints)
- How long does it take for a drop of blood to travel from the heart, through your body and back to the heart again? (20 – 60 seconds)
- How many blood cells are in two to three drops of blood? (About one billion)
- If all the blood vessels in your body were laid end-to-end, how many miles would they reach? (About 60,000 miles)
- Blood accounts for what percent of a human’s body weight? (7%)
Top 10 Reasons to Give Blood
- You can save as many as 3 lives!
- Free Cookies!
- Where else can you help your community while lying down?
- You get to wear one of those cool arm bands.
- You get health screenings with no co-pay.
- No work for an hour.
- Because there could come a day when YOU are the one needing it!
- You can say, “I already gave.”
- Your family will be so proud.
- Since a pint equals a pound, you lose one pound every time you donate blood.
The Bottom Line
- One donation can save as many as three lives.
- Donations typically take an hour from sign in until you leave.
- Anyone, 16 years or older, can typically donate whole blood every 56 days, plasma every 28 days and platelets every 7 days.
- Schedule an appointment by contacting Ilisa Allen at 405-643-3274. For more information you can also visit obi.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.