REGULAR BOARD MEETING AGENDA
CADDO KIOWA TECHNOLOGY CENTER
April 8, 2019, 4:00 pm
Wray Finney Building #400, Room #435
1415 North 7th Street, Fort Cobb, OK
1. Call to Order, roll call and establishment of a quorum.
2. Clerk to administer the Oath of Office to Zone 1, Office 4, Tom Haley
3. Vote to approve or not approve the re-organization of the board officers for 2019-2020 school year.
4. Introduction of Visitors:
5. Reports and Anticipated Discussions by Board and Staff: Joe Ely, BIS Director, Jennie Nunn, Instructional Leader; Staci Repp, Student Service Director; Vic Woods, Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent’s Update, Tony Hancock regarding:
- Short Term/BIS
- Employee Development
6. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member would like to remove an item for individual consideration. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. March 11, 2019, Regular Board Meeting Minutes.
b. General Fund 2018-19 checks #’s 2510 - 2857 in the amount of $752,961.49.
Building Fund 2018-2019 checks #’s 166 - 184 for $4,482.78.
General Fund Encumbrances #’s 970 – 1060 & #’s 70390 - 70391 in the amount of $120,583.10; No Building Fund Encumbrances, including change orders report and appropriations for FY18-19 reports dated for March 31, 2019.
c. Treasurer’s reports from bank statement dated March 31, 2019.
d. Activity Fund reports from bank statement dated March 31, 2019.
e. Transfer of $171,399.16 from the Activity Fund to the General Fund per resolution 70 O.S. § Section 5-129.
f. Approve BIS adjunct and part time employees.
g. Declare Surplus and dispose of in the most commercially feasible manner: Van #16 - 1997 Windstar; Car #52 - 2000 Chevrolet Lumina.
7. Action to be considered:
a. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve Caddo Kiowa’s Professional Development Plan for FY19-20 school year.
b. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve our Temporary Appropriations for FY19-20 school year.
c. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve Natural Gas Sales Agreement with Clearwater Enterprises, LLC for FY19-20.
d. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve purchase of 2 – 5 ton HVAC units from quotes for building 800.
e. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve quote to purchase campus pickup
f. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve quote to purchase fleet vehicle.
g. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve lease of Digital press for Graphics Program.
h. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve quote for virtual infrastructure storage.
i. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve changing school calendar to add extra day of instruction, last day of school will be May 22, 2019.
8. Proposed Executive session at pm to discuss the following personnel items so the board may return to open session to report on and/or take possible board action on the following: Pursuant to 25 O.S. §307(B)(1):
a) Discuss employing a PLTW STEM teacher
b) Discuss employing a Treasurer, Board Minute Clerk, Activity Fund Custodian.
9. Acknowledge returned to open session with statement by Board Chairman.
10. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve employing a PLTW STEM Teacher.
11. Discuss and vote to approve or not approve employing a Treasurer, Board Minute Clerk, Activity Fund Custodian.
12. New Business – This is limited to matters not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the posting of the meeting agenda
Note: “The Board may discuss, make motions, and vote upon all matters appearing on this agenda. Such votes may be to adopt, reject, tabled, reaffirm, rescind or take no action on any agenda matter.”
POSTED: Caddo Kiowa Technology Center, Administration Building #100 & Wray Finney Building #400, and BIS Building #at 4:00 p.m. on April 5, 2019
Sharon Myers, Minute Clerk
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center Board of Education