CKTC is an investment in yourself.

Students are encouraged

to apply for scholarships, financial aid, and other resources by the appropriate deadlines.


Use to apply for Federal Student Aid. The CKTC School Code is 009963.


What is the FAFSA?

Free Application for Student Aid is the acronym for FAFSA.


How do I apply for the FAFSA?

Contact the Financial Aid Office


Building 100

Need Based Aid

Need Based Aid


Federal Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant Program is a Title IV entitlement program in which a student’s eligibility is determined by a standard formula set by the U.S. Department of Education. The awards are calculated by the financial aid office following these standards and are based on family size and financial situation of the student and family. It is also calculated based on the number of clock hours attended throughout a school year.


Any post-secondary student who has not received a B.S. or B.A degree may apply by obtaining a free Federal Student Aid application from the financial aid office or by going online to website. Within 2-4 weeks the student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) stating eligibility. This report includes a summary of application information and the determination of eligibility index. This index is the result of computations involving the financial and non-financial data submitted on the application. The method for computing eligibility applies to all dependent and independent students uniformly. Students may be required to document financial information by submitting copies of U.S. transcripts. The specific computations involved in the calculation may be obtained by contacting the Financial Aid office.


Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant is a Student State Incentive Grant. The grant is awarded from funds made available by state law and where applicable, other contributing partners. Students automatically apply for OTAG by completing the FAFSA application for their pell grant.


Eligibility requirements include

  • All Pell Grant eligibility requirements,
  • Must be a legal resident of Oklahoma as determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE),
  • FAFSA application completed and submitted by the FAFSA (OSRHE) deadline.
  • Attend an approved Oklahoma post-secondary institution,
  • Demonstrate financial need as determined by OSRHE, and
  • Maintain the same guidelines for Satisfactory Academic Progress that apply for pell grants.

Eligible applicants are funded on a first-come, first served basis until all funds have been awarded. This is why completing your FASFA application as soon as possible is important. The OSRHE determines annually the amount of award allotted to each student from the school. It is calculated on the student enrollment of part-time or full-time. The OSRHE determines eligible students. Disbursements for OTAG are twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. The award will be posted to the student's account. If there is no outstanding balance, a refund for the award will be issued back to the student.


Oklahoma’s Promise

Oklahoma’s Promise is an Oklahoma Scholarship that students apply for in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade. Student eligibility is determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE).


Eligibility requirements include

  • Students take a required list of academic classes and maintain a GPA of 2.5,
  • Students must complete a FAFSA application for the award year of their first year of attending a post-secondary education institution which will provide the required second income check,
  • Enroll in a course that is offered through a cooperative agreement with a degree-granting institution. and
  • Maintain the same Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines that apply for pell grants.

Oklahoma’s Promise funds will be posted to the student's account. If there is no outstanding balance, a refund for the award will be issued back to the student. Students who believe they may be eligible should contact the financial aid office for assistance.


Bureau of Indian Affairs/Tribal Funding

The BIA awards educational grants to students who meet their eligibility requirements. Such grants may cover tuition, supplies and living expenses. These requirements, along with benefits, and satisfactory academic progress standards are administered by each individual agency. Assistance could vary with each student dependent upon need. Students who are on the tribal roll, and who think they may qualify should contact their Tribal Agency Educational Department for more information.


Workforce Investment Act

WIA programs are available for those facing employment barriers or that qualify as a dislocated worker. Native Americans may be eligible for WIA through their tribal offices. Applicants must meet WIA economic, employment and geographical guidelines, which are determined by a WIA counselor. Criteria for eligibility and SAP standards are administered by the local WIA office. CKTC is on the approved list of training providers in the state of Oklahoma. Students that think they may qualify should contact our local Workforce Oklahoma office at 580-252-8159.


Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides jobs for students who qualify for financial aid to allow them to earn money for school expenses. The amount of your FWS award depends on financial need, hours worked and funding available for the program. Students who are interested in applying can pick up an application in the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid coordinator will provide a copy of the work study manual that explains eligibility requirements and expectations of student employees.

Non-need Based Aid
CKTC Scholarship
Cost of Attendance
Student Withdrawal
Changes to FAFSA