All good leaders have one thing in common. The ability to inspire.
Individuals prepare for leadership roles; professional growth; and increased profits, efficiency and productivity.
- Develop new perspectives on individual and team roles in a group
- Work side by side with other professionals and volunteers from CKTC's district
- Use leadership ability to facilitate the ongoing needs of organizations and communities
Participants are expected to attend all sessions unless prevented by serious illness or a major family emergency. Due to graduation requirements, no more than two sessions may be missed. Graduates may be invited to help with future class programs.
The cost of the program is $200 and is due at the first meeting. Fees will not be refunded.
A tax-deductible contribution of $100 or more makes you an official sponsor of the Washita Valley Leadership Program.
As a sponsor of WVLP, your business will be listed on our promotional material throughout the year. A $300 or more contribution entitles you to not only the above benefits but also allows you to designate someone to sponsor in the program such as an employee, customer or client.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE WASHITA VALLEY LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
The Washita Valley Leadership Program is designed to identify, develop, and motivate future leaders of the Caddo Kiowa Technology Center District. It is designed to increase the participant’s knowledge about, commitment to, and effectiveness in the community in which they live in order to provide the district with a larger, more effective pool of volunteer leaders. The program focuses on topics such as Leadership Styles/Team Building, Government (City, County, State), Education, Youth, Law Enforcement, Area Agriculture, Economic Development & Tourism, Communication Skills, Board Responsibilities and Effective Meeting Skills.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE DAY?
We use hands-on experience as much as possible to teach. Sessions include tours, role-playing, panel presentations, lectures, games, question and answer sessions, and other techniques.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO ME?
- You will learn. We can guarantee that every participant will increase his or her knowledge of the district. No matter how much of an expert you may be in some areas, the Washita Valley Leadership Program experience will help you in developing new ideas.
- You will meet new people: leaders in business, government, education, volunteer and charitable organizations.
- You will get to know most of your classmates quite well, and you will become friends with many of them. Presenters and planners for the class sessions include leaders from all over the Caddo Kiowa Technology Center District.
- You will gain new perspectives. Class members will be very diverse. Each of us will be sharing our beliefs and learning from each other.
- You will reinforce and energize your commitment to community service. As a result, you will be considerably more effective in your business and community work.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE UP?
The class meets once per month for an entire day from September through April. In April, we will conduct a graduation to honor the class members.
WHERE ARE THE CLASSES HELD?
Classes are held at various locations in the Caddo Kiowa Technology Center district.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
To be eligible to apply, you must live or work in the Caddo Kiowa Technology Center District.
WILL I BE ACCEPTED JUST BECAUSE I FILL OUT AN APPLICATION?
No. The Washita Valley Leadership Program is limited to 20 participants. A committee at Caddo Kiowa Technology Center chooses participants.
WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS?
All applications must be postmarked or hand-delivered by August 1.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Tuition is $200. In addition to the training, tuition includes meals for the class sessions, materials, activities and some transportation.
CAN I ALSO BE A SPONSOR OF THE PROGRAM?
Yes. Sponsorships are taken year round to cover costs incurred over the tuition received. Sponsorships begin at $100; however, we graciously accept any amount given. You may be a sponsor as well as participate in the program.
HOW DO I JOIN?
You may complete an application to the Washita Valley Leadership Program by visiting www.mycktc.com/alp or contacting Shawn Freie at 405-643-3275, or by sending your request to:
Caddo Kiowa Technology Center
Attention: Shawn Freie
P.O. Box 190
Ft. Cobb, OK 73038